Project: Lavender, lemon, honey lemonade

EN

Sorry, no Yarnfood Saturday today because I simply don’t have any crochet work done :c But! A few are in its WIP so, hopefully next week!

Instead about crocheting, it’s about a refreshment with a homemade lavender/honey/lemon soda!
Even though it’s officially September and the PSL (pumpkin spice latte) are right around the corner, the summer in Holland seems to be not going away, as it was between 28° - 30°C a few days ago!

Since I somewhere read a blog (sorry forgot who) about lavender drinks, I got charmed by this idea and because I did it once with cupcakes, it didn't take long to for me to make a decision.

And I got hooked.

Lavender itself is not my favorite scent/flower, but what a yummy sweet fragrant drink this is! The balance of flavor is just perfect.

I wonder if the bees and wasps and butterflies have similar tasting as I had? :P


NL

Sorry, geen Yarnfood zaterdag vandaag, omdat ik geen materiaal klaar heb liggen :c Maar geen paniek! Er liggen wel werkjes die hopelijk voor volgende week klaar zijn!

In plaats van over haken, gaat het dit keer over een drankje met daarin: lavendel / honing / citroen!
Ook al is het officieel september en de ‘pumpkin spice latte’ gaan zo in de verkoop (zin in!), lijkt de zomer in Nederland maar niet te willen weggaan. Paar dagen geleden was het nog zelfs tussen 28° - 30°C! Best wel lekker…

Ergens las ik op een blog (sorry vergeten wie) over lavendel in je drankjes doen, en dat wilde ik weleens uitproberen! Ik heb eerder al op cupcakes gebruikt en dat smaakte naar meer!

Ik ben geloof nu verliefd op lavendel smaak, want lavendel zelf is niet mijn favoriete geur/bloem maar wat smaakte hij goed in mijn mond! Lekker verfrissend ook!

Zouden de bijtjes, wespen en vlinders dit ook dezelfde smaak sensatie ervaren? :P
Da Recipe: 1 cup of water, 1 tbsp. dried lavender, 3 tbsp. honey, ½ tbsp. lemon juice, 1 cup bubble/soda water, slice of lemon for garnish


One of my latest purchases!
NL: soms moet ik de Xenos gewoon ontwijken want ik kom haast nooit meer met lege handen naar buiten toe!

I felt so sad to the idea I have to throw these lavenders in the bin after this short time of using. 
I have put them on a piece of kitchen towel and placed it in the toilet as air freshener ha. :')


How pretty is the color!


Da Steps: 

  1. In a sauce pan goes: 1 cup water and the 3 tbsp. of honey and let this honey water shimmer on low heat. 
  2. Remove sauce pan from heat and add in the dried lavender and lemon juice. Stir! Cover pan with lid and let it completely cool down. 
  3. Once completely cooled down, use a sieve to catch all the lavender whilst pouring in a jug/glass and add in the 1 cup bubble/soda water. Optional but you can add a lovely slice of lemon as garnish. You may also want to serve it with ice cubes c: 
Good luck!

Comments

  1. Such an exotic and gorgeous variation on the classic lemonade! Love it :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pink!! I wonder how that happens from the lavender...? I tried making just honey/lemon soda earlier this week, and I don't think I like honey + soda as much as honey + plain sugar haha. Personally I like the lavender scent a lot!

    xx becky // star violet

    ReplyDelete
  3. the lighting for these photos are gorgeous!
    i'm not a huge fan of lavender, but the color looks very pretty ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  4. prachtig, ik heb nu zoveel dorst door dit haha :'')

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love these photos, and the color of the lemonade. Awesome post <3
    allygong.com
    Connect with me on Bloglovin!

    -Ally

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds and looks delicious! The perfect shade of pink. Love your gif too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks awesome! I love that lilac tint and I'm sure it smelled amazing! I like mine very iced!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ik ben echt heel benieuwd hoe dit smaakt met die lavendel. Lijkt me verfrissend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dit heb je echt heel erg tof gedaan en het ziet er zo lekker en schattig uit c: helemaal in zo'n mason jar met rietje, aah ik wil het gelijk drinken!
    Liefs, Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks delicious and refreshing! I will definitely have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so delicious and refreshing! I'd love to try this recipe sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oo..i love lavender a lot!! but i never try lavender drinks before..and this looked really refreshing and yummy!!
    and the color of the drink is too cute.. :)

    xo josephine c.
    www.joselovincolors.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. how do you always make everything you make look so beautiful?! bet it's delicious too x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where do you get your lavender? At the groceries? I really want to buy some for cooking. All this lavender stuff you're making makes me hungry! You're lucky it's still hot where you are. This week it was 5C here! Brrrrr. Chilly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yummy ;-)


    kisses from Poland :*:)
    xoxo

    new post
    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The color is soooo pretty! And the taste can't be anything other but fab! Lavender, lemon and honey? Such an interesting flavor combination.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I looooove lemonade based drinks so this sound/looks so delicious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow adding lavender to drinks, I'll have to try! would smell so lovely! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so adding this to my must try recipes! I am a sucker for lemon and lavender scents; I have a freshener from Yankee Candle in my bathroom thats lemon lavender and I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. yum! and such a pretty color! i recently made lavender facial. it's also not my favorite scent but it felt soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish I could find some dried lavender buds near me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh! that is what the lavender (Instagram pic) was for! it looks incredibly yummy! I also don't like to use lavender as home scent or lavender-ish perfumes but also admire lavender drinks and food :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh oh oooh! What a wonderful fresh drink! That colour already makes me longing for summer, I bet it tastes like a dream! I hopw your job interview went well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you:-) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks so delicious and refreshing!

    Chloé⎪ à la foliee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Must be so delicious and refreshing!! Must try it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls