HK/香港 HOTSPOT: Pompompurin Café

EN

For the longest I can remember I was introduced to Hello Kitty at a pretty young age and thanks to that  Hello Kitty and other characters that Sanrio made has a special place in my forever-childhood-heart. And so I had a special moment while I was at Pompompurin Café in Hong Kong last summer.

After the lunch at Ah Meow Cat Café (blogpost here!) me and my cousin Heidi set course to Pompompurin Café in Causeway Bay for a coffee break.

Pompompurin is a cute plump golden retriever dog and did you know that Pompompurin ranked first among other Sanrio characters in 2016? Pompompurin is even popular than Hello Kitty (which only ranked #5) and thanks to this popularity it got his own café in Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and now in Hong Kong!

I know and I am aware that these typical themed café/restaurants has a higher priority in serving cute looking food with Instagram-like caliber than delicious food and so I am not expecting amazing coffees or. Am I wrong?
NL

Voor zover ik me kan herinneren heb ik 't bestaan van Hello Kitty al heel vroeg meegekregen en dankzij dit heeft Hello Kitty en alle andere tekenfiguurtjes die Sanrio maakt een speciale plaats gekregen in mijn 'eeuwigekinderhart'. Het was daarom best hartverwarmend toen ik een Pompompurin Café was in Hong Kong.

Na de lunch bij Ah Meow Cat Café (blogpost hier!) zette ik en mijn nichtje koers richting Causeway Bay Pompompurin Café voor koffiepauze.

Pompompurin is een té schattige mollige golden retriever hondje. Wist je dat Pompompurin op #1 staat voor de beste Sanrio tekenfiguur van 2016? Hello Kitty zelf staat op de 5e plaats! Dankzij deze populariteit heeft Pompompurin een eigen café gekregen zowel in Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan en Singapore.

Thema cafés en restaurants zoals deze hebben vaak hun prioriteit gericht op 't uiterlijk met hoge Instagram-waardig gehalte en minder gericht op de smaken. Ik was dus op de hoogte dat onze bakkie koffie dan waarschijnlijk niet zo denderend is. Of toch wel?

❝Zweef
de cursor
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!

Pompompurin Café - Causeway Bay - Hong Kong

This way down to a cute basement with food and happiness.
Our drinks:
1 cappuccino
1 cookie & cream caramel pudding latte

Cappuccino
Since this was only a coffee break me and my cousin only ordered drinks. Now that I blog about it, I do regret a bit for not ordering food with it. O well, So! I got a cup of cappuccino which came in this happy looking cup, 2 brown sugar cubes with Pompompurin characters. The cappuccino was HK$39 which I find a tad bit on the pricy side but o well it was served in a cute cup in a cute café and most important the coffee was good with quite a strong as well.
My cousin H. got this cookie & cream caramel pudding latte which looked amazingly adorable. She actually wanted the `pineapple summer drink` first but for some reason it was sold out. Nonetheless the latte was fine too! I got a sip of it as well and tasted nice, sweet, has subtle coffee flavor and was creamy.
Yum!
Happy yellow interior
A photography-friendly place with (too) many photogenic objects.
Yep, definitely regretting for not ordering food.
My cousin: 🙶remove your hand, you`re sufficating poor Pompompurin!🙸
If I remembered correctly, the first 100 (or 1000) customers gets this free Pompompurin mug on daily base.
Me and my cousin sadly passed that mark.
ADDRESS: B1/F, Macau Yat Yuen Centre, 525 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay - HONG KONG

FOOD: •••∙ 3,⁵/5
INTERIOR: ••••∙ 4,⁵/5
SERVICE: ••∙ 2,⁵/5
SERVICE: ••∙ 2,⁵/5

Comments

  1. Aw! What a cute cafe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hello Kitty cafe in Seoul drives people crazy! They know how to make the drinks and food cute and IG worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pompompurin mugs are so cute!! Also the pudding latte is beautiful. -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this looks too cute for words! Loving the Pompompurin sofa that you're sitting on, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an adorable little cafe. Love it. So cute. All the drinks look so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is seriously one of the cutest cafes I've seen omg ;u; Perhaps, next time you go you should order some of those delicious looking pancakes like the family on the other table did haha :P

    musingful.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cuuuuute! I wanna go to themed cafe too. But there's only Hello Kitty cafe here, and I dont like HK that much. I wish I could go to Moomin Cafe @Bangkok or SNoopy one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls