New toy: a camera!

EN

My time being cameraless is over! If you don't count my phone camera of course. I have finally ordered a new camera that I've desired for a long while - the Olympus OMD E-M5 mark II. I have mentioned it before in my camera wishlist post here. I've picked this camera because it's weather sealed, has wifi option, has a flip out 270° (touch)screen and because I'm an loyal Olympus girl.

The next couple of days I'll be shooting pictures to get a hold of it! I've ordered this camera at Digitalrev for the first time. Please read my review about Digitalrev below. It's not a 100% satisfied review.

 
NL

Hoera! Ik ben niet meer cameraloos! Althans als je mijn smartphone niet meerekent. Mijn camera waarvan ik zolang naar verlangde is hier, namelijk: Olympus OMD E-M5 mark II. Ik heb het al eerder laten weten in deze post. Waarom ik voor deze camera kies is simpel. Hij is weerbestendig, heeft een 270° (touch)screen scherm, wifi optie en ik ben nou eenmaal een trouwe Olympus meisje.

De volgende dagen zal ik mezelf bezighouden met het schieten van foto's met mijn nieuwe camera. Ik heb deze camera besteld bij Digitalrev voor de eerste keer. Ik heb daarom ook een review over deze eerste keer beschreven hieronder. En hij is niet 100% een tevreden review.

❝Zweef
de cursor
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!
My 1st time Digitalrev
As my paycheck came in last month, my first priority of spending was: a new camera! As you may know, my previous camera (Pen-1) was broken and I was cameraless (if phone is not counted) for awhile but those times are over! I am ready to order a new camera at Digitalrev!

I`ve been eyeing on the Olympus OMD E-M5 mark II for quite a while and the one at Digitalrev was the cheapest I could find at reasonable basis because Digitalrev is: pretty popular with their camera related articles/videos, offers free delivery service, my camera was in stock and was ready to ship within 24 hours.
Perfect!

Well almost, because the shipping was a tad let down because it didn`t shipped in the next 24 hours. Or the next 48 hours.
I`m quite a human being with patience, because patience is a virtue. But after almost a week or so, I started to worry. Worry that it wont arrive before I go to Hong Kong. So after a week or so I`ve decided to send Digitalrev a message about this delayed shipping issue. I didn`t get a response (yet) but the next day I`ve got a notification that my ordered product is ready to be shipped and eventually it got shipped away!

My my.

3 days later, the doorbell rang and behind the door stood a boy from the DHL holding my parcel. My camera has arrived at last and before I go to Hong Kong too which was such a relief. Ironically, Digitalrev is based in Hong Kong.

My first time Digitalrev didn`t went as expected, especially after reading many reviews of other happier customers. I am satisfied with how fast it arrived eventually and how their website works and looks. I am not so satisfied about the lack of communication and service, but will I order something again in the future? I will probably! Because despite the miss communication I still adore Digitalrev and their articles and videos. Therefor I`d like to give Digitalrev a 3 out of 6 stars.
★★★☆☆☆
» Olympus OMD E-M5 mark II @Digitalrev: link

Unboxing
From left to right: box with manual books and cd, neck strap, camera Olympus OMD E-M5 mark II, usb cable, a flash, warranty, a bag for flash, charger, battery
The Olympus OMD one is pretty heavy ha, I need to find a smaller lens.

Comments

  1. Yay glad you got a new one in time for HK! Looking forward to seeing the photos you take with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about the subpar shipping, but I'm glad you finally got a new camera!! Yayyyy!!! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olympus has nice cameras but I got a Fuji. :) If I wouldn't already have a few lenses I'd probably get an Olympus too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new camera! I bet it feels great to no longer be camera-less :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats ! This is looking like such a lovely camera !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOORAY! The good feeling of getting an amazing purchase you love and will use :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your new camera is a beauty! I've been looking into getting a point and shoot camera especially for travelling since a dslr is pretty heavy to lug around. I would love to see you post some shots with your new camera!

    www.uhhsandy.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls