HOTSPOT: Kaldi

EN

One of my favorite me-time during my uni time a few years ago is going out to a café, order a nice drink and go to work, sketch or read a book.

Even after my graduations I still like to do this routine. Back in the city I studied there were of course numerous cafés to choose from but back in my hometown not so much unfortunate. My closest Starbucks is 90km away for example.

But luckily just a small 10km there’s a chain barista called Kaldi. They also have chains in China apparently which is impressive! So at I had 3x trips to Kaldi because of the 3 different coffee strength level they have.

I can tell when a cup of coffee is watery or it is very strong but that’s all my expertise goes as a coffee drinker. With Kaldi and their 3 different coffee levels, I hope to able to update my coffee knowledge.     
 NL

Een tijd voor mezelf hebben: naar een café gaan voor koffie en dan aan het werk, schetsen of een boek lezen. Dit was een van mijn favoriete tijden tijdens mijn studente zijnde.

Zelfs na mijn afstuderen is dit gebleven. Mijn studentenstad had natuurlijk tal van cafés om uit te kiezen, maar terug in mijn woonplaats niet zozeer jammerlijk. Mijn dichtstbijzijnde Starbucks ligt op 90 km afstand bijvoorbeeld.

Maar gelukkig slechts een kleine 10 km afstand is er een barista tent genaamd Kaldi. Ze hebben ook ketens in China blijkbaar, heel indrukwekkend! Uiteindelijk ging ik 3x naar Kaldi toe omdat ze namelijk 3 verschillende koffie sterktes hebben.

Ik kan vertellen wanneer een kopje koffie waterig is of juist erg sterk, maar daarmee houdt mijn koffie kennis op. Met Kaldi en hun 3 verschillende niveaus, hoop ik wat te leren over koffie!


I’ve chosen a table near the window (natural light) but the table was sticky with food crumbles. I don’t want to look and sound like a snob so I summon my courage and asked a waitress to clean up the table. After that was done I was relieved to place my sketchbooks on the table. 
DUTCH: Ik koos voor een tafel vlakbij het raam (want natuurlijk licht) maar de tafel was plakkerig met kruimels. Ik wilde niet als hooghartig overkomen dus verzamelde ik mijn moed en vroeg of de serveerster de tafel wilde poetsen. Toen dat geklaard was kon ik met een gerust hart mijn schetsboeken op tafel leggen.
A mild cappuccino I like!

For my first time at Kaldi cafe I went for a classical coffee choice: a cappuccino. There are 3 types of coffee strongness available: mild, rich and bold. So for example, there’s a mild, rich and a bold cappuccino to choose from. I dig this 3 different type of strongness! And if you don’t like coffee there’s tea

Dutch: Voor mijn eerst keer bij Kaldi koos ik voor een klassieke koffie, namelijk de cappuccino. Bij Kaldi kun je daarnaast ook je koffie sterkte bepalen in 3 keuzes: mild, rich of bold. Dit vind ik op zich geen verkeerd systeem, want dit betekend dat er voor ieder wel iets is. En voor de theeleuten onder ons, er is ook thee!


#Nomnomnom

A Dutch apple pie by Dudok.
All my drinks came with a  free biscotti biscuit!
DUTCH: Een Dudok appeltaart. Al mijn drankjes kwamen ook met een lekker koekje erbij!

A rich latte macchiatto a punch in my mouth!
For me second time visit I’ve chosen something from #2 ‘rich’ the latte macchiato, another coffee favourite. This has to be the prettiest latte m. I have seen in my life. The coffee is clearly a lot stronger than the previous cappuccino but I still indulge it all.
DUTCH: voor mijn 2e bezoek koos ik iets uit koffie sterkte #2 ‘rich’ namelijk de latte macchiato. Ook een favoriet van mij en ik moet zeggen dat deze latte een van de mooiste latte’s die ik gezien heb! De koffie is overduidelijk een stuk sterker dan mijn vorige cappuccino maar nog steeds heerlijk!
  

A bold Americano a caress!

At last, something from the 3rd menu this has the ‘bold’ strength level of coffee. This time I’ve chosen an americano with creamer. The coffee is sure strong but not particularly stronger than my previous latte. I think it also has a more aroma too leaving a nice taste in my mouth.

DUTCH: tot slot: de 3e menu keuze de ‘bold’. Dit keer koos ik voor de americano koffie met melk. Ongetwijfeld is deze koffie sterk maar niet veel sterker dan #2 vind ik persoonlijk. Ik vind het ook meer karakter hebben met een fijne nasmaak in mijn mond.
Attemped making latte art…
Poging tot latte art…
ADDRESS: Grote Markt 6, 4461 AJ Goes - THE NETHERLANDS
Food: ♥♥♥♥ 4/5
Service: ♥♥♥♥ 4/5
Interior: ♥♥♥ 3/5
Price: ♥♥♥♥ 4/5

Comments

  1. What a cute little cafe! You're so lucky that it's close to home, too. I don't usually go to cafes alone, but I do love spending hours there chatting with friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rich latte macchiato is so beautiful! and lol the coffee art :P I love coffee shops, but I don't know anything about coffee. Maybe I need to do something like this too haha -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sitting down with a coffee in a cafe and doing some work or reading as well. This place looks like a cosy one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely spot, everything looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to frequent coffee shops by myself too :) I don't sketch, so I mostly read or listen to podcasts while sipping on a latte and people-watch from time to time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls