2 Quinoa Breakfast Bowls

EN

So I know how to cook savory quinoa for a while but it sure took me a while to learn and discover that it can also be used as a breakfast dish. A quinoa breakfast bowl! And it’s my favourite lately.
But I can’t make it all the time.

When I have free time in the morning I like to prepare my breakfast with a bit more lux than my usual quick yogurt + muesli. One of my luxe feel breakfast making is of course a bowl of quinoa with other fresh elements in it. And I’d like to share 2 easy recipe of mine!

pssst, they are vegan friendly too!
NL

Quinoa bereiden, dat kan ik ondertussen wel maar quinoa bereiden voor het ontbijt, dat heb ik maar pas geleden ontdekt. Een ontzettende gave ontdekking want sindsdien is het mijn favoriete soort ontbijtje! Helaas kan ik dat niet iedere ochtend maken.

Wel als ik een vrije ochtend heb, want dan sta ik meestal langer in de keuken voor een heerlijk luxer ontbijt. Een van mijn luxer ontbijt die ik graag maak, is natuurlijk een kom met heerlijke quinoa en andere verse elementen erin. En vandaag wil ik dolgraag 2 recepten met jullie delen!

pssst, ze zijn ook ideaal voor veganisten!


Quinoa in spicy almond milk, kiwi and nuts
half cup cooked quinoa
half cup (almond)milk
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cap of vanilla extract
1 kiwi
a handful of any desired nuts

The steps:
1. Prepare quinoa according to package and set aside
2. boil up almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla extra on medium heat.
3. scoop quinoa on a bowl and add the heated up spicy almond milk. Add the sliced kiwi and nuts

Quinoa in coconut milk, strawberry and haw flakes 
½ cup quinoa
250 ml coconutmilk
1 tbsp. honey
fresh strawberries
1 tsp. grated coconut + sesame
1 roll haw flakes

The Steps:
1. Prepare quinoa according to package and set aside
2. boil up almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla extra on medium heat.
3. scoop quinoa on a bowl and add the heated up spicy almond milk. Add the sliced kiwi and nuts
I was like, this bowl needs a bit of crunch so I was like: why not add haw flakes! A little difference than the usual muesli too. 

100% Vegan friendly!

Comments

  1. That's so interesting! I never knew you could make it for sweet dishes. I am a little hesitant to try. hmm Maybe I'll just make a little amount. Thank you for sharing.

    nat | Dignifiable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had quinoa with salads before, but never like this! It'd be very interesting to try :) I really like breakfast foods such as overnight oats and acai bowls, so maybe I'll like this too! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look so good. I love haw flakes, so I can imagine that they would be amazing!

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea using quinoa as a sweet dish, i usually eat it like rice or in a salad, I'm so going to try this Great blog! New Follower on G+! Let's keep in touch!!

    Emmi - justemzs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls