Hotspot: Oriental Express

EN

Coming from an Asian background, it’s most likely you’ll get involved with ‘yam cha’ & dim sum with la family. Mine started at a quite young age, which I would recall a quite happy childhood experience c:

Recently me and la family went to a dim sum restaurant: Oriental Express in the city Rotterdam.

The food: lots of choices and well balanced! (some were too balanced..)
I like that their food isn’t super salty because I had restaurants where the food tasted like they’ve add kilo’s of salt in the food… poor kidney I hear you say, yes.

I also like their interior which was in a modern oriental style. I was enjoying my food on a nice sofa c:
Please scroll down for the pictures!

NL

Als een geboren Chinees is het zeer waarschijnlijk dat je je al op jonge leeftijd betrokken wordt bij 'yam cha' en dim sum met je familie. En dankzij dat, zijn mijn smaakpupillen optimaal ontplooid, ha.  

Onlangs gingen ik en la familie naar een dim sum restaurant: Oriental Express in Rotterdam.

Het eten: ruime keuze en smaak is goed uitgebalanceerd! Ook heel fijn om te proeven dat ze zuinig zijn met de zoutmolen. Ik heb vaak bij Chinees restaurant gegeten waar het eten onnodig zout was. Mijn arme niertjes were not pleased..

Oriental Express liet de interieur niet links liggen en vond het persoonlijk er best chill uitzien! Ik heb keurig mijn bord kom opgesmikkeld op een bankje c:
Scroll naar beneden voor de foto's!

This hot coconut latte with cereal is a treat. Although I find it more suitable as breakfast.  
I'll try their greentea latte next time c; 

Seafood undon soup c: was yum! 

I was super excited that they have 'sweet potato buns' on their menu but honestly its a let down 
with bland flavor :c 

 *burp*

ADDRESS:  Mauritsweg 2 3012 JR Rotterdam - THE NETHERLANDS
Food:  4/5 
Service: ♥ 3/5
Interior:  4/5 
Price:  3/5

Comments

  1. Nice! Is het net geopend? Ik heb er namelijk nog niet van gehoord en na het zien van die latte moet ik ernaar toe haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. heey je hebt een broek aan hehe :b. Yumyum die latte ziet er eigenlijk nog best wel lekker uit zeg! Ook al vind je het meer voor ontbijt hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of these dishes sound right up my street!! I love dim sums! The coconut latte looks gorgeous. The undon soup looks divine as well!!!

    http://glossandmagic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad that the sweet potato buns was a let down. I love sweet potato as well :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing food ! And you look super cute !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ziet er heel goed uit, alleen houd ik niet van zulk soort buitenlands eten! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been hunting for a good dim sum place in my area and have yet to find one! >_< Your photos always leave hungry! haha. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to try out "real good" Asian food! Only ever tasted Chinese takeout :O but those lightings! love love love them, I want them hanging on my ceiling! but slightly smaller :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaaaaa...love love your all pictures, so inspiring:)
    Halo from Indonesia:)

    visit Style with Story • | instagram •

    ReplyDelete
  10. The food looks amazing :) And I love the casual look your outfit <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness I LOVE dim sum. This looks so good, especially the seafood undon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the food looks yummy!

    http://hanaljoofri.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The seafood undon soup looks amazing! Yumm! So does the coconut latte with cereals, but I agree that it seems more suited for a good nice weekend breakfast :) Pity about the sweet potato buns, it looked promising though. Have a nice week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cereal on a latte? What a great idea!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woaw! That coconut latte leaves my speechless.......

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg you're making me so hungry. Seafood udon is one of my favourite dishes when we eat out and I'm completely ok that it's mostly MSG that makes it delicious!

    Jade | The Jade Aesthetic

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh the soup looks amaaaazing. my husband and i loved going to get dim sum. there was one right where we used to live. we still have to venture out and find a new dim sum place in our new neighborhood now. mmm~~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Food looked great! I loved the udon seafood soup! Sooo full of things! Just how I like it! I think the sweet potato was maybe just in the flour bun? That's disappointing, i'd think that they'd make a paste and then fill the bun with it at least!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The latte looks incredibly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow amazing photos! Would you like to follow each other? Let me know sweety! xx

    http://peppygazoo.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful photos as always :) The food looks super tasty.

    http://purplefuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Die sweet potato buns vind ik zo gaaf! Wil ik echt n's proberen!! X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mmmm, everything looks so delicious in these photos. Now I'm craving dim sum!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love dim sum! The place near me, has the rolling carts, with the women who push them around! :)

    xxDenysia Yu
    http://thatlaitgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are always eating or making delicious looking meals. I'm a tad jealous hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The latte looks so good! I would love to try that one day.

    Too bad the sweet potato bun was bland. It looks really pretty with its lavender color. ):

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've always wanted to try dim sum. We don't have places that make it here, but it looks so godly and delicious!

    blog | the pastel daisy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls