You are a walker not a talker

EN

I recently bought this cute looking notebook at Dille & Kamille for myself and A. (really good friend) It’s a notebook to express ourselves. Emotion wise.

Me being a human being I never really was an open book when it comes down to how I feel, especially when I feel crap. I usually hide them behind my smile. Speaking of being a phony right?
Maybe it’s our culture, we are not so keen about opening ourselves.  

Me and my friend are really bad tellers of how we feel. I stutter for example. I can’t find the right words and I stutter even more, making people think I have a speaking disorder.

So instead of saying it, we are writing it. And back-and-fort our notebook to each other. Good idea, no?
NL

Laatst heb ik een schriftje gekocht voor mij en voor A. (zeer goede vriendin). Het schriftje wordt ons (soort) dagboekje waar we onze gevoelens uitstorten want, wij zijn geen goede praters als het op gevoelens uitspreken komen.

Ik ben nooit echt een open boek geweest als het op gevoelens aankomt. Vooral de bad feelings maskeer ik ze achter mijn glimlach. Ik ben gewoon slecht met dit soort dingen te verwoorden.

Hetzelfde geldt voor mijn vriendinnetje A. hier. Misschien komt het door ons cultuur, dat we daardoor minder blootgeven. Wanneer het erop aankomt, dan kan ik de juiste woorden niet vinden of ik ga als een gek stamelen.

Dit schriftje wordt ons heen-en-weer schriftje. Dus in plaats van te zeggen, schrijven we naar elkaar.



Comments

  1. Wat een goed idee! En heel therapeutisch lijkt me ook :) Dankjewel trouwens voor al je lieve reacties op mijn posts! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super goed dat jullie dit doen. Ik zelf herken het ook en heb toen alles een tijdje opgeschreven. Soms geeft dat echt wel een goed gevoel. Het blijft dan niet in je hoofd spoken.

    XxX
    http://fabulousstylews.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.nl/fabulousstylews

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that notebook. i love being able to jot down my thoughts and feelings :)

    www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly do hide my feelings behind a smile too. Something I was taught to do as a little girl...not sure if it's all that healthy or not! Great that you have a pretty notebook to pour all your thoughts and emotions into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea! My friend, Rebecca, and I exchange letters with each other for things that are hard to express and as a means of keeping in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful notebook and a great idea. When hubby and I were first dating, we had a note pad that we exchanged back and forth. I'm not the best at expressing my feelings either, but hubby is even worse, lol, so that helped us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to be more open with yourself and with a very good friend! Good for you guys :]
    That notebook is very cute!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super leuk idee! Dille kamille is altijd zo'n leuke winkel :) Wel fijn dat jullie zo met elkaar jullie hartjes kunnen opluchten om het maar heel cheesy te zeggen :p X

    http://everythingismakeable.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wat een mooi idee. Ik hoop dat het jullie wat kan helpen :3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wat een supergoed idee! En het schriftje ziet er ook nog eens heel leuk uit. (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love notbooks !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wat een grappig idee, ben benieuwd wat jullie er van vinden!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have a notebook like this! although i haven't opened it up in a long time to write in it. it's always good to just write things down :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. writing things out definitely makes a difference. I'm not an open book either. I am happy to put on a smile but to talk about my personal tales is different. So I totally relate. =)
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wat een mooi idee! Ik denk dat het voor jullie dan een fijne manier is om je te kunnen
    uiten :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a lovely notebook and a great idea for you and your friend to write to each other in that way! I did something similar with someone in high school too. I hope it works out for both of you =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a good idea! :) I also don't feel very comfortable to share when I'm feeling bad with friends, and I prefer to put the smile on, unless it is with Dani, I'm chatty about feelings with him. Oh! and I always have to leave the house with a little notebook in my purse, not that I write too much, but I need to know I have it there in case I need to write something down :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Writing is a good way to express how you feel. I did it during my time of turmoil too... sometimes it's not about saying it but just having some kind of outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wauw, wat een fantastisch idee. Ik ben zelf ook een klutz als het gaat over om mijn daadwerkelijke gevoelens te uiten. Ik kan het met een vriendin heel goed delen, alleen zit ze nu aan de andere kant van de wereld. Dit schriftje klinkt wel echt heel fijn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a good idea. I have a tendency to talk too fast.

    xxDenysia Yu
    http://thatlaitgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I did that with 2 of my friends before and it actually helped us know more about each other. I think it Goodluck.,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls