When it comes to a bar of creamcheese in the fridge, all I can
think of is cheesecake. So I made cheesecake in Japanese style.
This kind of cheesecake is really fluffy and less heavy
than the New York cheesecake.
Please enjoy it with a nice cup of tea c:
Da Recipe: 6 tbsp. plain flour, 3 tbsp. corn starch, 125 ml milk (I've used soy), 200 gr creamcheese, 4 eggs seperated, 2 tbsp. caster sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and sift the plain flour and corn starch together. Also, prepare a lined cake tin (18 cm)
- Cook the milk in a sauce pan on low heat. Cut the creamcheese bar into cubes and add it to the milk. Melt and combine!
- Beat egg yolk with the first tbsp. of sugar into pale and creamy.
- Fold in milk/cheesy mixture!
- Then fold it in the sifted flours.
- Beat egg white until stiff. Add the 2nd and last tbsp. of sugar and beat the egg white stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg white gradually into the cheese mixture and combine well. Pour it into the cake tin.
- Prepare an 'au bain marie' (pour water half into a baking try). Bake the cheesecake for 20 minutes.
Reduce the oven to 160°C and bake for another 20 minutes. Let the cheesecake cool completely in the oven.