My first impression of the name 'crab cake' was like an awkward: "okay..".
Because a cake is in my mind sweet, fluffy and soft and I wasn't sure
if crab or any seafood would fit in. But then I've learned that the word
cake can be translate to a patty and suddenly the name sounds
more inviting and tasty...
Instead of using crab, I'm showing you guys today how to make a
shrimp cake! With my favorite Asian mushroom 'shii-take'.
Its really easy, and in my opinion a good fingerfood dish as well!
Da recipe: 200 gram shrimps, 30 gram ready-made shii-take (4 medium), 1 slice finely chipped ginger, salt & pepper, parsley, 1 egg (whisked), any cooking oil, 2 cloves of garlic
Taste good with sweet chilli sauce. Any sauce of desire is of course okay!
- Get your wooden cutting board ready and butcher knife ready and chop the shrimps and soft shii-take until finely minced. Add egg, pepper, salt, parsley, ginger and mix well.
- Heat up a frying-pan with oil, on medium-low heat. Saute the garlic but do not let it burn.
- Make a meatball of the minced mixture and place it carefully in the grillpan. Flatten it by pressing it with a wooden spatula.
- Grill 1-1,5 minute on each side.
- Serve it with your favorite sauce and you are done!